Thursday, June 26, 2014

Poetry




Is Jan a poet?

I have never really talked about my poetry.  Most likely, due to the fact, I have limited experience with this form of art.

For what it is worth, I would like to share one of them with you. I welcome your honest opinions on my attempt to mesmerize you with choreographed words.  Published years ago I still remember writing these words as I sat looking out the window in an insightful mood.

My Window
The morning sun kisses my window.
The day has begun.  Am I ready?
Can I meet the challenge?
With a prayer in my soul and
love in my heart,
I embrace the day with a smile.

The moonlight caresses my window.
The day is done.  I am pleased!
God has granted me the day and the
warmth of love.
I shall thank Him before I sleep.
With his favor, I shall see the sun kiss my window again.

I wonder now if I have the mystique that surrounds so many poets whose words to take flight.  Maybe I should stick to fiction composition and leave the poetry to the wordsmiths. 

All I can say in closing would be in the form of another graceful thought; however, it is not my inspiration.

A man can be just about as happy as he makes up his mind to be.
Abraham Lincoln




No comments:

Post a Comment